After School Club Assistant
We are seeking to appoint an After School Club Assistant to help with running our established after school service for children aged between 2 & 11 years. The position is for 9 hours per week – Tuesday to Thursday (3pm to 6pm), term time only. Salary £11.79 per hour.
The ideal applicant must either hold an early years qualification (level 3 or above) or be willing to train for a qualification in early years which will be supported by the school. They must also have strong communication skills and be proactive in creating an enjoyable environment for the children.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Deliver and participate in play with the children
• Set up play area/room for club with toys and activities and clear away
• Prepare and serve refreshments/snacks whilst assisting children with their meals
• Provide a safe, calm and caring atmosphere for children to flourish
Successful candidates should have:
• Experience of working with young children
• Enthusiasm and dedication to caring and supporting pupil activities
• Hold an Early years qualification (level 3 or above) or be willing to train for a qualification in early years
Any additional training that may be required for this post will be provided by the school.
Qualities that we are looking for:
• A responsible and reliable person who has a good work ethic
• Able to relate well to pupils and adults
• Confident in dealing with young people, maintaining discipline and motivation
Closing date: 12pm on Friday 9th February.
If you would like to find out more or have any general enquires around the role, please contact the school office on 01564 783225. Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.