* Assessment at Lapworth C of E Primary School *
At Lapworth C of E Primary School, we believe the key purpose of assessment is to help our children learn and to be able to support their achievements and progress. Assessment compliments and assists learning and enables evaluation of current practice.
Aims of Assessment
Through our assessment and reporting practice, we aim to:
- enable teachers to plan work that accurately addresses the learning needs of each pupil, by ascertaining what they need to learn next;
- enable teachers to record the attainment and progress of pupils;
- increase pupils' motivation by celebrating their learning achievements and enabling them to understand what they have learnt and what they need to learn next;
- help pupils recognise the standards they are aiming for, and to understand the criteria of effective learning and achievement;
- enable teachers to provide regular information for parents and carers about their child's progress in learning and enable them to support their child's education;
- to provide information to the headteacher and governors that can be used to evaluate teaching and learning practice
- use internal and national data to inform our Improvement Plan to make whole school teaching improvements.