Remote learning Tuesday 5th October
- Phonics: Watch this lesson on youtube and join in with blending the words -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOGmKeYoUNU&list=PLuGr6z2H2KNHY2HITC9jV0a65ED0aD2Ry&index=61
- Reading: Read your school book or one of you favourite books from home. Remember to write it down in your reading diary so it counts towards our reading challenge! Talk about the main character with an adult - what happened to them in the story and why do you think they behaved in the way they did?
- Writing: Write some sentences about what you are doing today. Remember to start each sentence with a capital letter, to leave finger spaces between words and to use a full stop at the end. Bring this writing in to school when we return so we can see what you have been up to! You could illustrate it with a picture too!
- Maths: Yesterday we started some work on measurement by comparing lengths and heights and using the words longer, shorter and taller. Continue to practise this by following along with this lesson on the Oak Academy: https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-compare-lengths-and-heights-of-objects-6wrpce?activity=video&step=1
- Science: We have been learning about the properties of different everyday materials. Today we were going to spend some time looking at the words rough, smooth, bendy, stretchy and rigid. Discuss what these words mean with an adult and have a go at the sorting worksheets attached below.
- Handwriting: Log in to www.letterjoin.co.uk using the log in details below. Choose some letters that you find tricky and would like to practise and have a go at writing them. You can do this on a tablet or print the worksheets below off to practise your long ladder and curly caterpillar letters.