Remote learning Thursday 7th October
Year 1 Remote Learning Thursday 7th October 2021
- Phonics: Watch this lesson on youtube and join in with blending the words -
- Reading: Read your school book or one of you favourite books from home. Remember to write it down in your reading diary so it counts towards our reading challenge! Talk about the main character with an adult - what happened to them in the story and why do you think they behaved in the way they did?
- Writing: Recall the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Can you tell the story to one of your parents (or your Teddy if Mummy and Daddy are busy). Next complete one of the story map templates by drawing pictures to tell the story. Can you add important words or phrases to tell your story. Can you think of any wow words to describe what is happening. How does the wolf move? What can Little Red hear as she enters the woods?
- Maths: Following on from yesterday's lesson, look at the Oak academy lesson on comaring numbers to 20. The worksheet or an editable power point can be found below.
- PSHE: Watch the Oak Academy video called 'That's not fair'. Talk about what you see in the video with a grown up.
- Handwriting: Log in to www.letterjoin.co.uk using the log in details below. Choose some letters that you find tricky and would like to practise and have a go at writing them. You can do this on a tablet or print the worksheets below off to practise joining the words we wet wilt and lute.